Claude Lalanne’s personal work often manifests itself in the form of decorative flora, drawing from an Art Nouveau tradition, her bronze pieces are cast from life and then electroplated to achieve a highly detailed metallic surface. Born in 1924 in Paris, France, Lalanne studied architecture at the École des Beaux-Arts and the École des Arts Décoratifs. She and her husband François-Xavier began collaborating during the early 1950s, going on to achieve both commercial and critical success. The school of Les Arts Décoratifs in Paris mounted a retrospective of the couple in 2010. A widow of the late François-Xavier, she currently lives and continues to produce work under her own name in Ury, France. Today, the work of Les Lalanne can be found in the collections of the Cooper Hewitt Museum in New York and the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris.